Production Blog: The Finishing Touches

 Hi Blog!

Today I'm going to tell you all about the finishing touches and changes we had to add to our film to get it ready to publish. First, I told you all about our peer review. We knew we had to make a few changes and add a couple of things to our film before it was ready to upload. These changes included adding a pan and establishing shot, as well as correcting the music we had used. This began by setting a date for filming. We were all super busy but we made sure to clear our schedules for this. When we first arrived at Alex's house we set up the pan shot. Once we completed that we all decided to drive to the gas station where we previously filmed. This is where I tried to take the establishing shot of the gas station. When we were done I thought it would be best to work on a couple of shots I thought we could improve on. I also decided to add in a couple more shots and angles. Once this was finished it was on to editing everything all over again. I had the opportunity to cut the clips, put them in the right spot, add the dietetic and non-diegetic sounds when needed, and to create transitions. We needed to add music. We each sent in samples we thought could work well with the film and Sarah showed them to her sister. Once her sister had come to her conclusion I added the song in. I also entered the text for a final time and matched it up with the new clips. I ran into a problem with the text, I realized the font we wanted to use wasn't available in the editing software we were using, therefore I had to change it. Once this was done I added in the final transitions including a dissolve and other transitions I thought made the film look more natural. After this, I decided to add a filter to make the film look as professional as we could make it. This took a little bit of time and a few odd selections to find the perfect one. I sent my edits to the group chat and after a couple more suggestions we were finally done! See you later!


Comments

Popular Posts