Production Blog: Days before filming

 Hi Blog! 

Today I'm going to talk to you about what I did to prepare myself for when we did the film. We decided on filming this upcoming Friday after school. We decided on this because I don't have water polo practice on Fridays and everyone else was free after school. We also decided to film on Friday as it left us less stressed about deadlines and allowed us to review our work and decide if we wanted to make any changes. We set the time to be around 4:30 as some live farther away from others and we wanted to give each other time to get ready for filming. This includes allowing our groupmates to get dressed in their "costumes" and do their hair and makeup however they desire. In preparation for our upcoming filming time, we also needed to memorize our lines. This proved to be less tricky than expected as I had a little bit of past experience in theater from a summer camp I used to go to. However, I knew I needed to memorize these lines quickly as I had multiple tests and homework assignments due soon. Therefore, I knew a good way to rehearse my lines was by acting them out and having my mom read the other character's lines. While my mom acted out each character except for mine, I focused on responding to her. I also read the script countless times in my head and read it out loud. I not only wanted to memorize my lines but also know my teammates' lines. I did this so I knew what line came next and when I would have to say my lines. When I got all of my lines memorized after about 1 hour I was really proud of myself and I just hoped I would still be able to memorize them by Friday. I kept feeling anxious about filming as I didn't want my teammates to become frustrated with me if I forgot a line or broke a character. I also grew anxious about being on camera and feeling like all eyes were on me. However, I kept convincing myself that it was only a short film and that my teammates were probably feeling just as anxious as I was. I also knew that I really enjoyed the filmmaking process and I was very excited to see what creating a short film would be like. When deciding on another filming time we thought we could do it sometime over the weekend. Even though the weekends are typically more chaotic because our families made plans such as vacations and events like birthday parties, we still squeezed into the room for more filming time. Also, before I forget, we needed someone else to film the scenes where all of the characters are in the shot and we decided we could get someone's mother for that. That's all for today, I'll see you later!



Comments

Popular Posts