Production Blog: Editing, Editing, Editing

 Hi Blog! 

Welcome back! Today I'm very excited to talk to you more about my process of editing the final film. Yesterday I went over the beginning of what I did to edit. Today I tackled the question that was transitions. I was having trouble deciding what transitions to use for the portion of the film that I chose to edit. People in the group thought that most transitions might look cheesy. They also thought the transitions might not correlate to the overall idea of the film. The transitions might make the film look less professionally made. I did agree with them on this. I didn't want the film to have too many transitions to a point where it was overwhelming. I decided it would probably be best to add a fade in the transition at the beginning and a fade-out transition at the end. This way I could ensure I got two transitions in without having the film look like it has no style or rhythm. Although I knew I needed more transitions, I thought it would be best to discuss the rest with my team and evaluate what more to add to them. When it came time to add in the music we still hadn't decided what song to do. We could either do Sarah's choice or my choice of transitioning between two songs. I really wasn't sure what to do as I knew both options had shown potential in the film. I decided to test out my editing abilities. I edited the transitions between each song I picked. This proved to be more difficult than I imagined. However, I knew it might be a challenge as I had to do this for my commercial. I wanted the editing of the songs to be as smooth as I could possibly make it so you could barely tell the songs switched. I faded into the first song at the beginning of the opening credits. Then at a point where I found the songs connected and the mysterious song had to be played, I decided to cut the first song, add a fade, and input the second song. I added a fade-out of the song at the end as well. I then saved that draft and made a new rough draft of the song Sarah had chosen. I added fade-in and fade-out transitions for the song as well. After having listened to the music concerning the film and sending it to my teammates we concluded that both were good contestants. We're still having trouble picking what song to use. That's all of the editing for today! I hope to see you later!




Comments

Popular Posts