Production Blog: The Editing Begins

 Hi Blog!

Welcome back! I can't wait to tell you all about the process of editing our short film! To begin the editing process each group member had to first decide which editing software to use. I proposed using CapCut because that is what I used on my previous projects. I also found using CapCut to be very easy which I thought could add a lot of benefits to our group. This could add benefits because everyone in our group including myself is new to this form of editing and the amount we need to edit. Since Sasha and I worked on our music video together previously, we already have previous knowledge of the app. This would make it easier to navigate and understand. However Sarah wanted to use software I had never heard of before called "ClipChamp". I wasn't sure anyone else in the group wanted to have to learn new editing software during the process of rushing to get our film done. As Sarah was familiar with Capcut as well we decided to stick with it. We also decided to evenly split up the work. I was in charge of further cutting the scenes so that they could fit into the proper spots. Although this was done previously as a way to shorten our editing time, I realized that our film was over the time limit and knew I had to remove some more unnecessary parts. I kept the scenes that were mandatory for the plot and shorted the clips of the ends of these scenes and even some beginnings. The parts I shortened did look out of place and almost like they didn't move freely throughout the film. I also added input into what filters we should use. Sarah and I both suggested to use darker tones throughout the film. This was to show mystery and a sense of eeriness. I also added in cooler toned hues. This is because in most mystery and horror films I've seen they usually have a cooler toned theme going on. I also liked the idea of contrasting the teenagers brightly colored clothes and accessories with the filters of the film to show inferiority to what is going to get them. That's all we did today! I can't wait to continue editing and to tell you all about my journey! See you later!



Comments

Popular Posts