Production Blog: Discovering New Music

 Hi blog!

Welcome back! Today I'm going to catch you up on some of the progress our group has made in terms of music. One group member decided it would be a good idea to individually seek theme songs and music to match our film perfectly. This was a great idea and knew I needed to search for some music that wouldn't get us copyrighted. The main source I looked at for music included YouTube. Our group concluded that the vibe of our film was mysterious and eerie covered by a slightly upbeat suspicious tone. At first, I had trouble finding decent royalty-free music to use. The results I was getting every time I searched for a song were not what I had been imagining in my head. I had asked one of my groupmates if she had been having this same problem. She responded saying it took her a long time to find a song she thought worth using in our film and ultimately she only found one she thought we would all like. I knew it would be hard to find a song that I had never heard of before as the songs I imagined using would be sure to get us copyrighted. I was determined to find one song to present to our group. This would be so we could get their opinions on which vibe would fit our film more. I imagined the music we could use could be more upbeat and slightly more related to music created in the 1950s such as "Sleep Walk" by Betsy Brye. I was then thinking this music could transition to a tenser beat creating suspicion and fright. I was hoping to find music that already had those aspects and allowed a seamless transition. However, I was barely successful in finding this type of music. The only music I could find that was similar to the 1950s and already had that fear-inducing vibe was called "Fifties 50's music" as well as "TRR Studios - Run ". I decided to send this into the group chat to see everyone's opinion. They concluded that it could be a little difficult to add transitions between music and that it might seem a little choppy. A person in our group sent in what they found that could be good to use in our film and our group decided to vote on who's music should be used. That's all I have to report to you about the music in our final film! See you next time!




Comments

Popular Posts