Production Blog: Analyzing the Character

 Hi Blog!

Today I'm going to tell you all about the process we went through to begin filming and what we did individually before filming. Due to our countless issues in determining a good time to begin filming, a person in our group, Sarah, decided we should continue to individually face things we could do for our characters. I suggested making a Pinterest board for our characters to gain inspiration on how to portray the character. I knew my character seemed sassy and sarcastic but remained kind to those she cared about. I felt like I already knew a lot about my character as I felt like the tone of some of the things she says are similar to how I speak. Due to this slight connection, I was able to understand the outfit and stylistic choices my character might make. I really enjoyed this portion of our final project as I enjoy fashion and makeup. I especially enjoy curating different outfits trying out new makeup styles and hairstyles and scrolling through Pinterest. Therefore, I collected photos including outfits, accessories, hair, and makeup inspiration that I thought would be good to include in how I acted my character out. When looking at the outfit I knew all of the girls were going to be old enough to drive. I also knew that they were going on a very long road trip. From personal experience, I know, as well as most people, that I like to dress comfortably during a road trip as you're cramped up in a car for a consecutive amount of time. Due to this, I decided to dress my character comfortably in low-rise black joggers and a smaller t-shirt. I decided to focus my color palate on darker colors such as black, brown, and grey. For accessories, I decided to give my character silver jewelry such as earrings, bracelets, and rings. When looking at my hair I thought about leaving it down and doing a half up half down hairstyle as that style is popular among teenagers. I also wanted to add accents of red and a hair clip in her hair to show her interest in standing out. Lastly, my favorite, makeup, I decided to try and keep it natural looking as I know I don't like to wear makeup on a road trip. However, I did want to showcase some of her edgy personality by doing light eyeliner and mascara. When we discussed when we could film next we were held back by different activities and delays from people in our group. However, by the next blog, we should be able to start filming! That's all for today! See you later!



Comments

Popular Posts